Chicagoland Speedway ®
Location: Joliet, Ill.
Owner: Raceway Associates, LLC
Completion: 2001, 2008
Description: Huen was brought on to help build the largest stadium in the Chicagoland area – a premier 1.5 mile tri-oval NASCAR and championship racetrack. We provided design-build electrical services for the entire facility that included seating for 75,000, member suites, and all racing support facilities. We also installed the medium voltage power distribution system for the 930-acre site and built special systems for track signals and television broadcasting.
Huen also provides annual preventive maintenance and system wide support during NASCAR and IRL races.
- A 12,470 volt power distribution system from two redundant primary metered ComEd utility services interlocked via Kirk-Key Switchgear.
- 12/240 volt single phase power distribution to Recreational Vehicle power “Parkmates” located within the Driver/Owner RV parking areas.
- 120 foot tall high-mast lighting structures.
- 480 volt power wiring of the scoring pylon and jumbo-tron
- Special systems for national broadcast and closed circuit television.
- Design-build support facilities including a media center, emergency care center, fuel centers, driver garages and corporate hospitality areas.